War will end when people refuse to go along with it.
At the Peace Pledge Union, we don’t believe in waiting for politicians and generals to take the lead. We believe that change comes from below. We can all take part in resisting war and militarism, building peace and practising nonviolence.
Since the PPU was launched in 1934, thousands of people have taken the peace pledge, committing themselves not only to rejecting war but to working for peace and tackling the causes of war.
By signing this pledge and paying a small annual membership fee, you become a member of the Peace Pledge Union.
War is a crime against humanity. I renounce war, and am therefore determined not to support any kind of war. I am also determined to work for the removal of all causes of war.
- A welcome pack (when you join for the first time) with resources and briefings on issues of war and peace
- Peace Matters, the PPU magazine, three times per year
- Monthly email updates, with news and comment from the PPU
- The chance to participate in the PPU’s decision-making, through our annual general meeting
- Discounts on certain PPU publications and events
But we’re not a commercial organisation! The most important thing about being a PPU member is that you will belong to an active pacifist movement.
The PPU is the British section of War Resisters’ International uniting pacifists and other anti-militarists in over forty countries in six continents. Through joining the PPU, you thus become part of a worldwide movement.
Please note, you can also use this form to renew an existing membership.
Photo credits: Philip Wood (top photo); European Bureau of Conscientious Objectors (bottom photo).