Join with us and support our work for peace
Whatever your experience, you can play a part in pacifist campaigns.
Take action in everyday life:
- Mention your support for peace to your friends, your family, at work, at college, in the pub...
- Wear a white poppy at Remembrance time, symbolising remembrance for all victims of war and a commitment to peace; you can order them online.
Take action online:
- Add your name to a petition urging the Three Counties Showground in Malvern not to host an arms fair in July.
- Sign this petition urging MPs to throw out the restrictions on nonviolent protests proposed in the alarming new Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill.
- Email your MP to call for an end to arms sales and military support from the UK to Saudi Arabia and other countries involved in the war in Yemen.
- If you live in the Cardiff area or have connections with it, email Cardiff Council's leaders to urge them not to sell off Britannia Park to a military museum.
- Get active on social media! You can follow the PPU on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Promote peace and chat with your fellow PPU members and supporters.
Take action locally:
- Find out if there are local peace campaigns in your area, or in your university, trade union or faith group. If not, we can help you start one!
- Write to your local paper or call a radio phone-in to express your concerns. We’re happy to provide advice.
- Sell white poppies in your community, workplace, school, university, faith group or trade union branch.
- Invite a PPU speaker to your local group or community.
Take action nationally:
- Join us online at 6.30pm on Monday 12 April 2021 for Resisting Militarism in Your Community, a chance to share ideas and learn from each other as we make plans for action.
- Come to PPU events or join the PPU presence on demonstrations. Keep an eye on our events page for details. There are many online events at present and we look forward to in-person events when it is safe again to hold them.
- Make a donation towards the PPU's campaigning and education work.
- Sign the peace pledge and join the Peace Pledge Union!
Take action internationally:
- Sign up to receive CO Alerts, so you can offer support to conscientious objectors and peace activists around the world who are facing imprisonment.
- Support the campaigns of War Resisters' International, which unites pacifists around the world (the PPU is the British section).
Contact us at email@example.com or on 020 7424 9444.