Join with us and support our work for peace
Whatever your experience, you can play a part in the movement for peace and nonviolence.
Take action in everyday life:
- Mention your support for peace to your friends, your family, at work, at college, in the pub...
- Wear a white poppy at Remembrance time, symbolising remembrance for all victims of war and a commitment to peace; you can order them online.
Take action online:
- Sign the petition supporting Guides and Guide leaders who are calling on Girlguiding UK to ditch their partnership with the army.
- Sign the petition urging LGBT Pride in Surrey not to take sponsorship from the arms company BAE Systems.
- Get active on social media! You can follow the PPU on Twitter and Facebook. Promote peace and chat with your fellow PPU supporters.
Take action locally:
- Find out if there are local peace campaigns in your area, or in your university, trade union or faith group. If not, we can help you start one!
- Write to your local paper or call a radio phone-in to express your concerns. We’re happy to provide advice.
- Sell white poppies in your community, workplace, school, university, faith group or trade union branch.
- Invite a PPU speaker to your local group or community.
Take action nationally:
- Come to PPU events or join the PPU presence on demonstrations. Keep an eye on our events page for details.
- Sign the peace pledge and join the Peace Pledge Union!
Take action internationally:
- Sign up to receive CO Alerts, so you can offer support to conscientious objectors and peace activists around the world who are facing imprisonment.
- Support the campaigns of War Resisters' International, which unites pacifists around the world (the PPU is the British section).
Contact us at email@example.com or on 020 7424 9444.