Join with us and support our work for peace
Whatever your experience, you can play a part in the movement for peace and nonviolence.
Take action in everyday life:
- Mention your support for peace to your friends, your family, at work, at college, in the pub...
- Wear a white poppy at Remembrance time, symbolising remembrance for all victims of war and a commitment to peace; you can order them online.
Take action online:
- Sign the petition calling on the UK government to end exports of tear gas and other anti-protest equipment to the USA; Donald Trump is using them against Black Lives Matter campaigners.
- Sign the petition supporting Ahmed Al-Babati, a British soldier who has been arrested by Military Police for criticising the war in Yemen.
- Ask your MP to oppose the Overseas Operations Bill, which will effectively put armed forces above the law.
- Get active on social media! You can follow the PPU on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Promote peace and chat with your fellow PPU supporters.
Take action locally:
- Find out if there are local peace campaigns in your area, or in your university, trade union or faith group. If not, we can help you start one!
- Write to your local paper or call a radio phone-in to express your concerns. We’re happy to provide advice.
- Sell white poppies in your community, workplace, school, university, faith group or trade union branch.
- Invite a PPU speaker to your local group or community.
Take action nationally:
- Come to PPU events or join the PPU presence on demonstrations. Keep an eye on our events page for details.
- Sign the peace pledge and join the Peace Pledge Union!
- Make a donation towards the PPU's campaigning and education work.
Take action internationally:
- Sign up to receive CO Alerts, so you can offer support to conscientious objectors and peace activists around the world who are facing imprisonment.
- Support the campaigns of War Resisters' International, which unites pacifists around the world (the PPU is the British section).
Contact us at email@example.com or on 020 7424 9444.